Featured Story of Seasons vs Harvest Moon: Lost Valley

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS' started by Wilbo, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

Okay, so this has been confusing a lot of people lately so I thought I'd briefly try and clarify this issue somewhat. In 1996, a Japanese company called Victor Interactive, (now known as Marvelous Interactive) created a game called: Bokuj┼Ź Monogatari.

Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 4.50.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 5.16.36 PM.png

Marvelous Interactive wanted the game to be released in North America, and so a Japanese company called Natsume, had their American branch in charge of translating and distributing the game in the West. Natsume changed the name to Harvest Moon, to appeal more to North Americans.

Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 5.43.51 PM.png

Ok, so now back to the present.. Because Natsume has the patent for the name 'Harvest Moon', Marvelous was unable to use that name, and so Xseed-an American subsidary of Marvelous was in charge of production and named their new title: Story of Seasons.

Natsume is creating an entirely new farming franchise with Lost Valley, and although it will probably be a lot of fun, I think Harvest Moon fans have a right to know who is ultimately developing each game.

Lost Valley:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 5.45.18 PM.png

I'm personally excited for both games, Lost Valley looks like a new take on the farming genre, it lets you place blocks of land in a somewhat similar style to Minecraft which could prove to add a whole new dimension to the farming genre.

Story Of Seasons:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 5.46.35 PM.png

I still don't know too much about Story of time, but I'm sure it will prove to be more akin to previous Harvest Moon installments, and for that reason alone I'll pick up a copy.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014