Featured Miyamoto Wants to Know What Games you want for the Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

This is interesting... In an interview with Kotaku, Miyamoto wants to hear from fans what games you guys would like to see hit the Wii U, and the most popular idea could be sent to the big man himself!

776497995271267362.png

Which games would you guys like to see on Wii U, and how would you want the gamepad to be utilized with it?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Pikahalf

Pikahalf Member Junior Member

I'd love to see the handheld version of the Pokemon games realized on the Wii U console where you could use the Wii U gamepad like it's your controls; as the game plays with the 3DS where the game play is all on screen & every thing else you need to do would be placed on the game pad. Such as your items, you trainer card & the like. =3

Wilbo likes this.
  3. Wilbo

Pokemon seems like a perfect fit for Wii U, I'd love to see that happen too :)

4. Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi Active Member Junior Member

Paper Mario; it'd make sense since the games were on the larger consoles before Sticker Star released to the 3DS.

Wilbo likes this.
  5. Wilbo

Yeah it's been a while since the last console Paper Mario...Love that series, could be really cool to have all the attacks/items laid out on the gamepad in a similar way to what Pikahalf described for Pokemon..

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Junior Member

Something like Pokemon Stadium?

7. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

Personally I'm just waiting for some more action-adventure kind of games, which I guess I'll get with the new Zelda. I'd also like to see an exploration-driven 3D platformer, but that genre seems pretty dead now (even Mario's moving away from it) so that's a long shot unless A Hat in Time is ported to the Wii U.

If the Wii U could get a good Paper Mario game I would be ecstatic, but Sticker Star left me pretty underwhelmed so I'm not holding my breath. Honestly I like Thousand Year Door so much that I think my expectations for the Paper Mario series might be a touch too high, but if a new game in the series does come out, I'll still try it for sure.

8. askanison

askanison New Member New Member

I would like to see a return to old school Rpg's like final fantasy or chrono trigger. yea i'm old i miss old things lol

9. Erik

We have a lot of Chrono fans here on these forums... So I'm sure you aren't alone in this wish

10. blackhatter84

blackhatter84 New Member New Member

I would like to see a new Metroid Prime game for the Wii U. I think it would be a good idea because we could use the Gamepad to good use. I believe the graphics would be outstanding. So far, they have a good Zelda game, an outstanding Donkey Kong game, and a plethora of wonderful Mario games, but I think good Metroid Prime game can really drive the Wii U in a totally new direction and show off what the Gamepad is capable of doing. Just an idea.

I would also like to see a Punch-Out!! game on the Wii U. I think they should keep the same characters from the Wii version, just add a few more new characters and bring back either Mike Tyson or Mr. Dream, and that would be so cool.

11. queenzelda

queenzelda Admin: Lady Queen Junior Member

I too would love to see Metorid Prime on the Wii U; just as long as it's not Team Ninja who're the one's developing the game. :p

12. Meg

Meg New Member New Member

If it's possible some action fighting games would be fun!! ; D

13. Erik

with any kind of special controls?

14. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member Verified Member

The only way decent fighting games will stand a chance on the Wii U is if Nintendo manages to strike deals with companies that let them package normal controllers with them.

Other wise, they will continue to get very little support in that regard.