Featured How much are you willing to spend on Mario Maker?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Jun 17, 2014.

?
  1. 25 or under

33.3%
  2. 30-40

66.7%
  3. 50-60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wilbo

Wilbo Administrator Staff Member Junior Member

Mario Maker is something I've always dreamt of being able to do... Create my own Mario game, and I can't wait till its release in early 2015.

That being said, I don't think I'd be prepared to pay 60 dollars for the game from what I've seen, unless Nintendo has a lot more for the game up their sleeves that they haven't revealed yet.

This is a game that would highly benefit from sharing level designs through a social network, and being able to play friends levels, or rate/comment on random designs (similar to Brawl). I'm really hoping Nintendo will push the social aspect of Mario Maker, and have a ton of DLC as well.

I personally think 40 dollars would be a reasonable price for this game, what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Erik

Erik Administrator Staff Member Junior Member

This game reminds me a lot of Gary's mod for source games.

3. DirtyMangle

DirtyMangle New Member Verified Member

I would not spend over 15 bucks for Mario maker.

4. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

I think it depends on just how much customization they actually allow. Based on the trailer it looks too limited to really be worthwhile, it's it entirely grid-based I don't see much potential. After 4 New Super Mario Bros games (5 if you count Luigi U) how many ideas are really left for levels in the classic Mario style?

That said, if there IS more customization than what we have seen in the trailer so far, things could get interesting. I'll say under $15 if it only lets you make levels in the style of Super Mario Bros 1 like the trailer suggests, but it could easily be worth $30-$40 if they combine elements from all the previous 2D Mario games into one massive editor. Also dropping the grid-based system would be nice, but I doubt that would happen.

Wilbo likes this.
  5. RS_Master_360

RS_Master_360 New Member New Member

Amazing I would Love to buy this game, is it out or something???!?!?!?

6. Erik

Erik Administrator Staff Member Junior Member

Not yet! Personally I would rather see this game as something that hits the eShop rather than a full blown game.