Featured 3rd Party Support will Return Following Strong Software Lineup

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Administrator Staff Member Junior Member

Nintendo has seen this exact trend before with the 3DS. As soon as there was a solid lineup of first party games, 3rd party support immediately began to pour in. I don't think it's inconceivable therefore to predict a similar forecast for the Wii U. Nintendo feels the same way, and believes that this past E3 marked a turning point for Wii U's success.
    [​IMG]

Miyamoto was quoted in an interview, saying that whenever Nintendo goes through difficult times, that is when the strongest innovation and creativity strikes, and something truly amazing is created.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. SirRidge

SirRidge Member Junior Member

The handheld market is a different landscape than the console market.. If a dev wants to make a handheld game the 3DS has a bigger user base, so it makes the most sense to choose it. Unless something crazy happens it will continue to make more sense financially to avoid the Wii U and just make PS4 and Xbone games..

3. Wilbo

Wilbo Administrator Staff Member Junior Member

Interesting..so you think the Wii U will have a similar life to the Gamecube, and have great first party content but not so much third party support. I guess time will tell! lol. That being said, the Gamecube is still one of my favourite consoles of all time..and I think because of the lack of 3rd party support it had, it forced Nintendo to come out with a ton of quality first party games, so at least we'll have that to look forward to at the very least..

4. SirRidge

SirRidge Member Junior Member

I don't think any of us buy a Nintendo console excited about 3rd party games anyways. And I agree. Nintendo is at its best when it is struggling.

Wilbo likes this.