Which Wii U game are you most looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

With a bunch of new games hitting this year, which one(s) are you guys most excited about! I'm personally pretty excited for a bunch of them...All the first party games like- Super Mario 3D world, Donkey Kong tropical freeze, SSB, Mario kart a bit later in the year..as well as a great 3rd party lineup! Watchdogs, Bayonetta 2, and a bunch more..

2. jvgsjeff

jvgsjeff Active Member Junior Member

I'm most excited about Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It'll be nice to have reasons to play my Wii U more often.

3. Grooms

Grooms New Member New Member

I am surprised to say that Super Mario 3D World is the one I'm most excited for. I love that they're bringing back the ability to play as Toad and Peach (with their special abilities) and the cat suit power-up is just adorable.

I'm also excited for Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash Brothers, but it's hard to be as excited when they're not coming out until next year and we don't have as many details as we do Super Mario.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Junior Member

I totally agree with you! The first party titles are always the best. It's a shame Nintendo can't attract many as many third party developers to make games for their systems as Microsoft and Sony can. It doesn't even make sense when you look at how many systems were sold for the last generation of consoles.

5. Thomas Ennis

Thomas Ennis New Member New Member

I will be more then happy to play the next Mario game. Two other games come to mind when I think about anticipation. First, the new Zelda game of course, and second, the new Metroid game. Yes, I am predictable, but at least I am consistent.

6. queenzelda

queenzelda Admin: Lady Queen Junior Member

I'm looking forwards to the next new Zelda game, & am hoping for a Super Mario Galaxy U game. xp

7. Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi Active Member Junior Member

8. Thomas Ennis

Thomas Ennis New Member New Member

Does anyone know what direction the new Metroid game is going? I think the first person Metroid games were "ok," but I would really like to see another one with the classic feel.

9. WAFFLEKID

WAFFLEKID Active Member Junior Member

If I actually owned a Nintendo Wii U, I guess I woul most likely want Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros.

Pfft, Hyrule Warriors...

10. queenzelda

If you want to play a game with the 'classic feel' a lot of people have said that Metorid the Other M is the one to play. Other M is a Wii title; which many Metroid fans are on either one of two camps: it's bad or it's awesome. I'm in the 'it's bad' camp. But I enjoyed the Prime series & the way it played comparatively.

Actually; I'd like it if Hyrule Warriors was more like Hyrule Emblem, thus it being a LoZelda & Fire Emblem hybrid. Thus what I would LOVE to see get made.. Where you could choose Link's job from with in the Fire Emblem world & maybe even a character creation model to where YOU could make Link look the way you want. :3

11. Roseary

Roseary New Member New Member

This seriously depends on my ability to get a hold of a Wii U. A new game I thought looked interesting was Zombie U (I believe that was the name) the idea behind it look great, and with zombies becoming a popular genre I figured it would be perfect to own - though I have heard bad reviews about it. Zelda would be a must have though, along with Mario Kart.

12. Dean333

Dean333 New Member New Member

As am I, as am I. I bought a Wii U just for Legend of Zelda Wind waker HD. That and it's all Zelda themed.

13. queenzelda

A friend of mine bought the Wind Waker bundle too. You guys are lucky!

14. Wilbo

I have to update my list, and go with Splatoon, Smash, Mario Maker, Zelda Wii U, Xenoblade 2, and Star Fox..I've definitely missed quite a few though

15. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

When I get my Wii U, the first two games I'm going to get will be Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8, so I'm looking forward to those even if they're already out.

As for games that aren't actually released yet? Bayonetta 2 is pretty high up there. I adore Devil May Cry 3, but I held off on playing Bayonetta 1 since I don't own a Xbox 360, and the PS3 port of Bayonetta 1 is pretty sloppy. Once they announced Bayonetta 1 would be included with Bayonetta 2 for free I was sold on the game, and it even helped sell me on the Wii U.

I'm also going to be getting Smash Bros for online. I'm not as into the series as others, but the multiplayer in Smash is always some silly fun. I haven't had much chances to play games online with a lot of my friends recently, so I'm trying to aim for some good multiplayer games with the Wii U.

The rest of the games I mention I'm not completely sold on yet, but am interested in and may check out as more is revealed. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse looks like it could be fun, but I have already played Canvas Curse and while that was a really fun game, I'm not sure if it needed a sequel. Star Fox could also be good, but since we've been told pretty much nothing about it so far it's hard to say for sure if I want to play it. Finally, Zelda is a possibility, but I'm waiting to hear more about how they implement the whole open word aspect before I jump onto it.

Overall though, I'm looking forward to seeing where the Wii U goes over the next few years!

Wilbo likes this.
  16. Wilbo

Tropical Freeze and MK8 are both amazing. Great games to start your collection with!!