What are your thoughts on Nintendo's latest IP: Splatoon?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

To be honest, when I first saw the trailer for Splatoon I wasn't that interested in it, but the more I watched gameplay footage, the more it's quickly become one of my most anticipated Wii U games. Nintendo is hoping it will do for the shooting genre, what Mario Kart did for the racing genre, and Super Smash bros. did for the fighting genre, and I really think they have a good chance at achieving that. What do you guys think?

Here's the trailer and some gameplay footage in case you haven't seen it yet:

Erik likes this.
  2. Pikahalf

Pikahalf Member Junior Member

It reminds me of the 'Kids Next Door' cartoon series from cartoon network impo. :p

Wilbo likes this.
  3. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

Haha, yeah you're right! similar character style : P

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Junior Member

Well I already wrote a bit about what I thought in the E3 thread but the more I read/watch about this game the more it has started to grow on me. I like how there are a variety of different weapon types almost like in Team Fortress and it will be interesting to see what kind of other unique game modes they release with it.

5. Pikahalf

Pikahalf Member Junior Member

It seems to me like they got the idea from watching some of Slime Time Live from how the gameplay seems to progress too.

6. jvgsjeff

jvgsjeff Active Member Junior Member

It looks interesting and I'll consider buying it, but I'll wait for the reviews. Too bad it's for 2015 though, because there's not much coming out for Wii U this year that I want.

Wilbo and Pikahalf like this.