New Super Smash Bros. Character to be revealed Monday

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U' started by Wilbo, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Wilbo

Wilbo Active Member Junior Member

Any predictions who the new character could be?

SSB.jpg

2. queenzelda

queenzelda Admin: Lady Queen Junior Member

My guess is that it'll be Bayonetta. Also: I am not into the Smash Bro's series at all; I'm guessing they'll add her due to her new game coming out. ;3

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Junior Member

Possibly, but that game is not really a Nintendo/exclusive character... I would be surprised if that was the one, but then again you never know :joyful:

4. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Member Junior Member

I would like to see characters from classic series that haven't yet been represented within the Super Smash Bros games.

As such: I vote for Castlevania's Simon Belmont! (And perhaps Alucard at some point later in the future, although that's doubtful given that he's most prominently recognized from a PlayStation game.) Look, all I'm saying is that I want to take a chain whip to Kirby! Is that so wrong? :playful:

Honourable Mentions:

I would also like to see masked Link variants from Majora's Mask, with Link wearing-and-transformed-by the given mask(s). I would especially like to see Goron Link.

More Mega Man characters would be great as well. Proto Man perhaps?

And finally, Metroid's Ridley would be great as either a playable character or as a boss!

5. Erik

@aboleth_lich I think your guesses are much more likely. Nintendo tends to go for characters that are already quite familiar so I doubt we would see anyone who is the star of a brand-spanking-new title. For example like when they added Olimar from Pikmin in the last game it was after they already had a few Pikmin games out on different consoles.

Personally I've always wanted to have playable Pokemon, other than just having the Poke ball items you can throw at your enemies although I don't see it as being very likely.

6. Pocketim

Pocketim Active Member Junior Member Let's Play Team

Might as well update things here, the announced characters are Captain Falcon from F-Zero and Lucina and Robin from Fire Emblem.
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/super-smash-bros-gets-four-new-fighters

I am glad to see Captain Falcon coming back (it just wouldn't be Smash Bros without some Falcon Punches!) and while I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem myself, seeing some new Fire Emblem reps makes sense due to how popular Fire Emblem Awakening has been.

7. Erik

Of course, probably the most memorable sound effect out of the entire game series!

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem either... It would have been nice if they mixed things up though by characters from a wider variety of games. I do like the look of their fighting styles though. I have always preferred the faster characters.

8. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Member Junior Member

Seeing Pocketim's avatar on this thread makes me pine for Bomberman as a playable character! That would be rather fun! :thumbsup: