Site users are not allowed to:
- Create multiple accounts.
- Impersonate or misrepresent oneself as a Nintendo Realm staff member or as anyone else whom you are not.
- Mass edit or delete your own posts.
- Share your account login credentials with others by any means, for any reason.
- Create posts regarding infractions, warnings or deleted posts. Please contact Nintendo Realm staff directly instead.
- Discuss any other action, substance, or product that is illegal in either the United States or the municipality in which you reside.
Nintendo Realm does not permit vulgar, abusive, overtly sexual, racist or otherwise intolerant language. As a member you should aim to be as inclusive as possible to everyone and maintain a family friendly environment. Any culpable content, including but not limited to: profile posts, avatars, signatures and forum messages, may be edited or deleted at any time without notice. The private message system can be used for expressing yourself more loosely directly with other members however harassment of any kind is explicitly forbidden across all mediums.
An internet troll is someone who causes strife on the internet by starting arguments or upsetting people by posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Although we encourage lively discussions and users are welcome to disagree, this kind of behavior is not allowed on Nintendo Realm. If you find yourself in disagreement with another member, you must refrain from:
- Making personal attacks irrelevant from the topic of discussion.
- Failing to address points made by the other member in the context of the debate.
- Becoming emotionally tied to the issue, this is a video game forum after all.
- Not providing proof or logical reasoning for your argument.
- Being disrespectful of members who disagree with you.
- Breaking Nintendo Realm's rules for offensive language.
You are not permitted to use Nintendo Realm as a medium for illegally distributing copyrighting works such as video games, music or movies. Distribution through any of the sites features is taken very seriously. Users disregarding this rule will be given warnings and offending content will be removed immediately. Discussing or showcasing various hacks, modifications, home brew or emulators is more than welcome as long as it is within the boundaries of the law.
You can not use Nintendo Realm as an advertising platform without explicit permission from Nintendo Realm staff. This means that none of the following are acceptable:
- Recruiting people for other websites, projects or jobs.
- Promoting products or services that you or someone you know has a direct "interest" in.
- Displaying affiliate links of any kind.
- Copying content, images or other Nintendo Realm site assets in part or as a whole.
If you wish to advertise with us, please get in touch by using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
Forum EtiquetteLastly, you must practice good forum etiquette and keep the following guidelines in mind when you post. This helps keep the forum organized, free of clutter and makes it an enjoyable reading experience for everyone.
- Double posting or separating your content into multiple posts when it could have suitably been combined into one.
- Making posts that are short, low quality and do not add to the discussion in any way. Please use the "like" feature if you would like to express your agreement or gratitude towards another user's post.
- Posting off topic content that is unrelated to the rest of the discussion being had. If you want to say something that is irrelevant to the current discussions being had, consider starting a new thread in the appropriate section instead.
- Posting gibberish or random nonsensical characters. Consider using one of the many smilies if you can’t find a word to describe your emotions.